A little background. Carson has a great teacher. She is one of those that you literally give thanks for! He has a real bond with her - I think it has something to do with her swimming with sharks and knowing all of the Jazz players. It also is the respect that she gives him and the true affection she gives to each of her students.
So she has started a monthly talent show. Carson wanted to perform with a group of kids who were going to do a rap and also dance to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. May I just say that we are less than thrilled that Carson 1) wants to rap 2) has found such acceptance with these unsavory kids and 3) wants to dance around to a song proclaiming who is not his "lover". He is like a magnet for thugs in training. Trying to steer him away from these Jr. punks has been tricky. When he told us he would be performing with them, we tried to come up with some different ideas for the talent show. Guitar - "no, I already did it." Piano - "no, I am not good enough." Let's teach them to make Krispy Treats - "no, that's gay mom!" And then....GOLD! Pogo Stick!
Pogo, we love you! Not a traditional talent, I know. Surprisingly he latched right on to the idea! He invited a class mate to participate with him and they had a whole routine planned. They did great! Carson really wowed them with his Pogo Prowess, hopping over an 18" pile of mats and announcing that he has pogoed for 535 bounces in a row - true. Just a note - 4th grade girls think that's really cool!
Way to go Carson, and a little pat on the back to Brad, Liesha and Pogo for their genius idea! Welcome to the family Pogo!







1 comment:
A magnet for thugs in training...you make me laugh!
Post a Comment