To those of you who may be offended by the title of this post, my apologies. However, please read on. Some background. One of the twins, Garrett, has some very irrational fears. He is horrified of elevators, fireworks, the carwash, Grandma's backyard after dark, etc. Perhaps they are not very irrational, but none of my other children have been this horrified of anything. He breaks out into a cold sweat, starts to shake and cry uncontrollably. This has all been going for over a year now.
This winter he had several intense colds and a few bouts with strep throat. He became very resistant to the idea of going to the doctor and especially of opening his mouth to show his throat. On one occasion he became so upset about it that he went in to one of his cold sweats, etc. To try and alleviate his fears we all pretended to be at the doctor and had the "doctor" look at our throats. I said to Garrett, "Come over here and look in mommy's throat." He came over and reluctantly looked in my throat. I started with my "aaaaaahhh!" And he ran from me, screaming, "I don't want to look at your balls! Close it mommy, close it!"
Since then he talks nonstop about his "balls." We are concerned what will happen if this conversation occurs in a public place. We have tried to tell him that they are called tonsils, and not balls, but to no avail. On Sunday I was in my bathroom getting ready for church and Garrett came to me and said, "Mom, you have balls. Show me your balls!" I said, "They are not balls. They are tonsils." Garrett replied "No mommy, you don't have tonsils, you have balls!"
So, take what you want from this. I thought it was a rather cute little anecdote. Of course, Colton and Carson find extreme humor in Garrett's use of the term. Just remember, "I've got balls!" so watch out!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
That is hysterical!! They are so cute! Thanks for the warning ;) I love that your older boys get such a kick out of it too. How fun for you!
Post a Comment