Friday, April 4, 2008

Here We Are!

So, as if my last blog wasn't a big enough of a failure, due to my lack of posts, I am starting a new blog! I am inspired by the "young" families around me, who update their blogs daily and keep in touch with their friends! I don't even have all my friends email addresses - we still use the phone instead - does that show my age? Well, I also realized that our last blog wasn't accessible to people unless they became "members", which I thought was a royal pain, so I am mainstreaming and using blogspot, which seems to be quite easy. We'll see!

We made it through Easter. This was a major accomplishment! As choir conductor, I am responsible for the sacrament meeting program, and of course I totally stress out about it. It went well. I think that people actually enjoy our choir programs! I know it may sound surprising, but I think it is true!! My brother Jeff calls it the walk of shame, when the choir has to leave the stand after singing and everyone is looking at their laps or the ceiling, because the song was so atrocious! I really think we did a good job. So, after choir I could finally enjoy Easter. We had the traditional egg hunt and all got stuffed on great food and candy!

The latest and greatest at our house is that the twins are very nearly potty trained! Yea!!!!!!!!! I am almost done with diapers. Well, I am done with diapers. They refuse to wear them. Fortunately, they have turned out to be fairly adept at toilet training and they are quite independent. They are always excited to "peeps and poops" and love getting a potty treat afterwards! I know for any of you men reading this, this is not so exciting, but for a mom who has changed 10-20 diapers a day for the last 3 and 1/2 years, this is absolute liberation!

A few cute thoughts to leave you with. I always give the boys a 5 minute warning before they have to wrap up one activity and move on to the next. They always ask for "5 more minutes" and I have to admit that sometimes they get it! The other day I told them they had 5 minutes to nap time. They played their 5 minutes and I said, "Time for naps." Garrett asks me, "Is our 5 minutes up?" "Yes" I replied, "It is up." He stops his foot on the floor and waves his finger in the air and says, "I don't want it up, I want my 5 minutes to go down!"

They also ask for "a little bit" whenever they are trying to manipulate me. I will say "Just a little bit." They now respond, "Not a little bit, mama. I want a big-a-bit!"

So there is our post for today! Thanks for keeping in touch with us!

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

Hooray! I can make comments now. Tell Colton T. that I am related to Philo T. twice through marriage!( ;

Unknown said...

Dwight was here