Bless their hearts! My boys, Brad included, have done a great job taking care of me and the home over the last few months. With limited mobility since October 19, they have been in charge of EVERYTHING! I want to thank them again for all they have done. With a smile on my face, I share the following experiences.
For awhile I didn't really care and was just happy with whatever their efforts were. For awhile I didn't really leave the confines of my bedroom, so as long as it looked good from the view of my bed, I was content. Slowly but surely I have ventured out into the brave new world of my home on testosterone. 2 experiences have been jarring to my system!
The first was when I ventured in to the basement after 10 weeks. Wow!! Talk about scary! We spent 2 hours one night just organizing DVD's, video games, laundry, the older boys room and the storage room. Still, not finished.
The second has been in the kitchen. In the last two weeks I have felt like doing a little cooking. This is a frustrating experience since I can only cart one thing from the pantry at a time while on my crutch. It takes me a loooong time to get anything in the oven! To add to the frustration, nothing is where it belongs! I have to search in every cupboard, shelf, pantry just to find the sugar, etc.!
Last night I wanted Lemon Bars and I could not find one of two 9x13 baking pans. I literally began to sing in my head, "O where, o where can my baking pans be, o where o where can they be!" I did eventually find one, unwashed, that one of my children had shoved in the bottom of a cupboard. I had to wash it first, but hey, I got my Lemon Bars!
Truthfully it has become rather amusing to see where everything has ended up! I should keep a log or something. One day it will be funny, really funny, that there was a sock in the refrigerator the other day!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You crack me up! I laughed so hard at this post. I will have to try singing that little tune the next time I lose something instead of getting angry and frustrated. And I loved the house on testosterone comment too. You are one amazing woman and I hope you can get things back in order soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Do you still need any meals, babysitting, etc.? I'm just across the street, so don't hesitate to ask. Love you ;)
Post a Comment