Saturday, we went to the church to practice our song with the microphone. What a catastrophe! The twins were almost ejected from the musical number! We determined that we would go forward as planned and if they became silly, we would have to pick them up and hold them. Of course there was the constant fear that Carson would lean over and whisper to them right in the microphone, "Babies! Shut up! You are supposed to be singing! GOSH!" This is a typical reaction. And then there was Carson's magnetic pull to the microphone, you know, you have all seen it! The kid who nearly breaks his neck while singing with the primary trying to get his voice in the mike?! Yeah, we had it all at Saturday's practice.
Sunday morning was a different story. They did great! The older boys were so nervous they were sick, but when we sang they grinned from ear to ear! They did great! The twins were precious and Brad, who has a lovely singing voice, was handsome and proud. I just wanted to post this blog to tell my 5 boys that I love them and I am proud of them! Thanks for singing with your mom!
By the way, while driving in the car Turner asked, "Mom, where is heaven?" Garrett responds as the song states "I know! It's beyond the brightest star!" But I have to say, after yesterday, it really is right where we are!







2 comments:
Tell Brad we'll be expecting his debut album to arrive in the mail shortly. Glad what appeared to be a nightmare resulted in a dream come true. Cheese!
hahah...i could totally picture Carson doing that!! So cute! Glad it all ended up going smoothly!
Post a Comment