Monday, April 6, 2009

Did you know....?

So, let me start by saying, my babies, Turner and Garrett, love to play make believe. They will pretend to be characters in a movie or they will play "Waterfall and Mt. Timpanogos." Many mornings Turner, who can stay in character all day, will come in to my room and meow or whimper at me to wake me up, depending on whether he is a cat or dog.

When Pinocchio came out on DVD last week, I rushed out to buy an old classic, that I was sure my boys would love. Well, I was right. They watched it multiple times in the first week we had it and soon had the make believe down pat. They would switch between Gepetto, Monstro (Maestro the whale), Giminy Cricket and P"ee"nocchio, the real boy.



But, did you know that the word "jack ass" is in the movie Pinocchio? I didn't - at least until I heard my boys playing make believe, calling each other jack asses and hearing them bray like donkeys! Verbatim it went like this "What do I look like a jack ass?" Then the other one says, "You sure do! Hee Haw! Hee Haw!"

I couldn't help but laugh - from the other room of course. Seriously, I need to learn to edit DVD's before I let these two watch them and do live reproductions!

5 comments:

Nellie and Jason said...

oh my gosh...this made me laugh SO hard!!!!!

Jen said...

Ya, the old Disney movies have some questionable things - like smoking! Hmmm, how did we all survive? Now you can just cross your fingers that they don't do the live version during primary.

Kelli said...

That is hysterical! I love those two boys!

Jaimi said...

Still laughing. By the way, Summer's dresses weren't on backwards. Did you think it was a repeat of the girls in the 4th of July pictures?(:

Lo said...

Ha! Oh my - that is hilarious. The things kids pick up on! Turner and Garrett are getting so big!