So I committed to myself that I would not blog again until my I caught up with my life, but I had a funny experience with Colton, 10 years old, that I had to share. I frequently share humorous tidbits from the twins, but Colton and Carson are a bit blog-starved. So here is a cute one - by the way, this in no way indicates that I am caught up with my life! I am afraid that is never going to happen!
Occasionally my boys get very tender and sweet with me. I always appreciate it as it reaffirms that they do indeed love me. The older they get, the harder it is to tell! On Sunday night we returned home from Sunday dinner and the boys decided that I needed a foot rub. They (Colton and Carson) each took a foot and started to rub it. They were proclaiming what pro's they were at this, and I suggested that they could make good living doing this. I began to tell them about pedicures and aestheticians and how they can do pretty well. Of course, I was teasing them and they began to gross out at the thought of touching people's feet all day. I then suggested that they could be like their Uncle Jeff and become a podiatrist and get paid A LOT of money for touching feet all day. Colton then asked what "pedicure" meant. I decided that it was time for him to learn a little latin and began explaining that Latin is the foundation for most languages and how you could understand many different languages if you understood latin roots and prefixes. I explained that "ped" meant foot and that anytime "ped" was in a word it had to do with the feet. He began to find as many words as possible that included "ped" and substitute it with "foot" Here are a few favorites: pedal - Colton says "footal" pedicure - Colton says "footicure" pedestrian - "footestrian" podiatrist - "footiatrist". It is now Wednesday and the fun with latin has not stopped! Colton finds himself quite amusing! By the way, Colton also decided to shave his head bald - as a cueball! He is just full of surprises!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I remember seeing you in Prescott AZ when he was just a bun in the oven! Who can believe he is that old now?!
Way to go on the Latin! We're still working on our English! Your boys are so sweet. What a lucky mom you are to get those foot rubs! And I love Colton's bald look...I drove by the other day and saw him in your front yard. Cueball is a good comparison. So cute though!
Hello Liesha,
Hey it's Caille and Kory we just set up a blog, thought it would be a good idea since we're moving across the country. so here is my address korycamille.blogspot.com
Hey, I was wondering if you could have jeff and jamie send us an invite!!!
Jaimi asked for our email address. She said she would get it from you!!! So...here it is: mattlindsmyers@gmail.com
Post a Comment