Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Little Moonlight, please!



I found out about this great thing at Sundance! Moonlight Tram Rides! We always take the kids on a tram ride when the leaves start to change. It is fun and beautiful. There are some great hikes at the top as well! So this year when we went, we heard about their Moonlight Tram Rides and decided it would be a great date! They only do it when the moon is full and this would be their last one of the season. We got a babysitter and took off! We gave my mom tickets for her birthday, so she and my dad went also. Now, thoughts of a tram ride in the dark stir up different images and ideas for different people. I am thinking, "Cold night, warm blankie, beautiful scenery, no children, hot chocolate!" Brad was thinking, "..." Well, we just won't go there! Suffice it to say he was a little jealous of all the people riding past us smooching, as I proclaimed how disgusting (the ones with the sound effects really were gross) they were! May I suggest that the earlier ride is much more G rated than the later rides!

timpanogos night


We did take the camera and tried to snap a few pictures, but Brad and I both agreed they were most unbecoming. Especially the one with Brad with my pretty scarf wrapped around his head to protect his ears. He looked a bit like a kid with the mumps! So you will just have to imagine a glamorous couple on a beautiful night, sharing hot chocolate under a full moon!



The scenery was gorgeous, with the moonlight bouncing off of the snow on the back side of Timpanogos, or as Turner calls it "Tickanogos" The moon was bright and full. I realized how much I love this place! After I made Brad promise he would never make me leave my beautiful mountains (unless it was for lots of money!:)) I did give him a kiss. I don't want anyone feeling bad for him!
Cheap date, tons of fun, gorgeous views. Love the mountains!

1 comment:

Rachel Hudgins said...

I TOTALLY miss Utah this time of year. I love all the color changes and crisp air. So fun to catch up and see your family. Pass my info to Pam, I'd love to hear from her.